It is the policy of Hargreaves Foundry to continually improve our environmental performance and where possible to prevent pollution at source. We will reduce to a minimum the environmental impacts of our production activities and develop a proactive approach when taking into account our local community.
In particular, we aim to:
• Meet all applicable environmental regulations and legal requirements;
• Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations;
• Monitor compliance to meet Environmental permit requirements;
• Minimize waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy;
• Continue with our on-site recycling programme 0fVood, Paper, Cardboard, Plastics and Cast Iron), to minimize the amount of waste sent to land-fill;
• Foster a sense of responsibility for the environment amongst our staff;
• Provide staff with appropriate environmental training;
• Implement and maintain management systems to detect and correct any deviations from our environmental policy;
• Routinely review our policy, objectives and targets;
• Communicate this policy to all employees and to make it available to the public.
The Environmental Policy is available on all noticeboards across the HF group companies, company's networks and on request, to our customers. All new employee's will be issued with a copy of this policy as part of their induction.
This Environmental Policy has immediate effect and replaces all previous versions. This policy will be reviewed and amended as necessary or in the event of any changes in legislation or business operations, and the latest version will be posted on all noticeboards.