Health and Safety is our top priority at Hargreaves Foundry Group and we are committed to pro-actively identifying and providing the necessary resources and facilities to prevent, as far as is reasonably practicable, all accidents, incidents and cases of work-related ill-health to staff, clients, visitors, contractors and all persons affected by our business activities. The standards we seek to attain are prescribed by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other applicable legislation and common law duties of care.
In accordance with our statutory Health and Safety duties, we intend to:
• Provide and maintain a place of work that is safe and without risk to the safety, health and welfare of all our employees, independent contractors, members of associated companies, our clients and the general public, so far as is reasonably practicable.
• Provide a safe environment for all those attending our premises through regular assessments of risks in the workplace.
• Maintain a high level of good housekeeping daily and ensure dust levels are kept to a minimum in all areas.
• Provide and maintain a safe means of access and egress to and from our premises, including emergency procedures for use when needed.
• Encourage persons on the premises to co-operate with the Organisation in all safety matter, in the identification of hazards which may exist and in the reporting of any condition which may appear dangerous or unsatisfactory.
• Provide and maintain safe machinery, plant, equipment, and systems of work; ensuring that all necessary safety devices are installed, equipment is properly and regularly maintained, and that appropriate protective clothing is provided.
• Ensure the necessary controls are in place for the safe handling, use and transportation of substances and articles.
• Provide the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision in safe working methods and procedures for all members of staff to ensure that all employees are competent to carry out their tasks safely and without risk to themselves or any persons who may be affected by their actions.
• Conduct incident and accident investigations to review the effectiveness of existing control measures and identify and implement additional control measures as necessary.
• Promote co-operation between members of staff to ensure that safe and healthy conditions are maintained and that safe systems of work are suitable and sufficient through discussion and effective consultation with staff.
• Providing all resources necessary to meet the requirements of this policy.
• Regularly monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the management of Health and Safety at work, making any necessary changes and bringing these to the attention of all staff.
• Management and Chargehands are responsible for the implementation and adherence to our Health and Safety procedures and safe system of work across all areas of the business.
This policy applies to those working at all levels and grades, including Managers, Directors, employees, consultants, contractors, trainees, part-time and fixed-term employees, casual and agency staff (collectively referred to as staff in this policy).
This Health and Safety Policy is controlled and circulated in line with MP/001 Document Control and is endorsed by Group Management.
Signed: H. THORNBER
ISSUE 2 Date: 18.04.2023